Wednesday 2 May 2012

You have to laugh at the craziness

I remember one day, not long after the twins were born, when all three of my children were going crazy and there was really nothing I could do at that moment to make all of them happy.  I remember standing there and just laughing.  I'm pretty sure I actually wanted to cry, but for some reason, it was so ridiculous at that moment that I laughed without even thinking about it.

Well, yesterday reminded me of that day.  I am fortunate to have met my friend Lyndsie through the Manitoba Families of Multiples.  She now has a three year old daughter and 7 month old twin boys.  Lyndsie reached out looking for play dates for her children and me being the person who can't just sit at home and do nothing, well I bit.  From the first time we met, I was thankful to have someone who understood exactly what I was going through at that moment.  It also helps that the girls play well together and they adore all the babies, although they gravitate towards the twins that aren't theirs.

So yesterday Lyndsie and her crew came over for a visit.  Our house isn't all that big.  We had all six children as well as Lyndsie and I in the living room/dining room and all four babies were losing their minds.  The older girls were trying to "help", but we all know that that doesn't really make things better, even though they mean well.  It was such a zoo in here that we were laughing.  Lyndsie thought that we should video tape it, but I figured that no one really needed to see those moments.

Derrick came home for lunch as usual, but he didn't know that Lyndsie and the kids would be here.  He missed the really nutty part, but still laughed at the craziness.  When he went back to work he told the ladies about what he came home to and they didn't even know what to say.  A lady stopped us on our walk to the park and you could tell she thought we were crazy to be out with six little ones.  Another two ladies were out for a run and they turned around just before they got to us.  We found that funny (smart women).

I would like to thank Lyndsie for the weekly visits that help the day to go by faster and make me feel normal.  Also, thanks for the numerous (and many more to come I'm sure) venting texts!  I'm really glad we met.  Here's to many more days of craziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment