Sunday 6 May 2012

A Great Weekend

Of course, another weekend is coming to an end.  This was a great weekend and that's why I felt as though I had to document it.  Derrick and I started the weekend by having our neighbours and Derrick's parents over for dinner and then heading out to the wine festival with our neighbours.  The wine festival was definitely a lot more enjoyable this year, as I wasn't pregnant.  After we were done with the wine, we went to Original Joe's for their yummy nachos and strawberry mojitos.....mmmmmm.

Despite being tired yesterday, it was a good day.  We came home late and the babies didn't cooperate in the sleep department so we made the babies happy in the living room and Jayna occupied herself for about an hour and a half so that we could catch a few extra minutes of sleep.  Give Jayna a bit of food and she'll be quiet for a bit!  During this time, Davin managed to slide out of the swing...oops.  I guess we'll really have to make sure that he's always buckled in from now on.  

Once we finally woke up, Derrick took Jayna to her last Kindermusic class.  She really enjoys this 45 minute class every week.  It's too bad she won't be back, but oh well.  Then we took the whole family to Chapter's to fulfill Derrick's nerdiness and see some Star Wars characters.  He hoped to get a picture of Jayna with them, but she treated them like Santa Claus and loved them from far away, but wouldn't get close to them.  She would wave and yell hello and smile, but once Derrick would walk towards them, she would freak out.  

During the afternoon, Derrick and I took turns napping.  At one point, I was upstairs with the babies and Jayna had gone downstairs to play.  She came upstairs walking towards me holding her arm out and saying something I thought was beer.  Sure enough, upon feeling her damp, sticky arm, I smelled it and it smelled like beer.  I guess she got into the empties in the basement, another oops.  

We had an impromptu BBQ with Derrick's family, which was really nice.  The older kids were running around the year and playing.  The kids are at such a good age for this.  At one point, Jayna walked away from the fire pit to go pee.....in the yard.  She lifted up her dress and pulled down her underwear and peed in the yard.  It's moments like that as a parent that you try so hard not to laugh as you tell your child that they have to go inside to go to the bathroom.  Jayna seemed so disappointed by this news.  

My favourite part of the day Saturday was that I got to cuddle my babies a lot.  There are some days that I don't get to sit and cuddle them much so I really enjoy days like this.  

On Sunday, I took the kids to meet a friend for breakfast.  I'm so thankful that the kids are usually pretty cooperative when I take them out.  Derrick got to spend the afternoon with all three turkeys while I went to a wedding shower.  I came home and Derrick had done some art with Jayna.  It was so cute to see.  Jayna was so happy about it as well.  Of course, it was a Star Wars inspired snow flake, but I laughed.  Derrick is really good for playing with Jayna and giving her some quality time and creating memories.  They also did a new puzzle and they were rocking out to Derrick playing the guitar when I walked in the door.  

After a family dinner for my uncle's birthday, the kids were all ready for bed and I got to enjoy a bit of time to myself while Derrick was out playing ball hockey.  I get out of the house, but I rarely get quiet time in the house.  Back to the grind tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment