Wednesday 30 May 2012

Rough day

Yesterday was not a good day.  It went a little something like this:

Jayna peed all over the floor (which is really unlike her at this point) in the morning.

We were going out later and I wanted to bake muffins.  Of course, this means she must help me but on this particular occasion, she was doing everything possible to drive me crazy and not listen.

I put the babies down for a nap in the morning and Davin napped for maybe half an hour and then proceeded to do nothing but scream for the next hour, no matter where he was.  Mara also joined in on the screaming once she was awake.

I didn't shower the day before, so I had to shower on this day.  By the time I got around to it, both babies were screaming and Jayna kept banging on the door the entire time.  Just when I thought I could escape it all for 5 minutes.  I was also hoping to blow dry my hair and put on mascara, but that just didn't happen.  Thank goodness putting on a bit of jewellery makes you feel a lot better.

Where we were going involved a really short walk so I needed to put the twins in the stroller.  Of course, this means that Jayna must follow me outside as well.  This makes a 1 minutes job become at least 5 or 6 minutes, all the while both babies are still screaming inside.  Because Mara and Davin were so cranky, I didn't even put socks or jackets on them.  It's a good thing they were dressed earlier in the day, otherwise they would have gone in their pjs.  It was chilly out, but it's only a two minute walk and I put a blanket on them.  I still feel like a terrible mother, but I didn't want to deal with them anymore.

When we get home from our visit, I'm looking forward to quiet time.  The babies cooperated, but Jayna definitely didn't.  She threw a fit and then continued to play in her room for a bit.  At one point, I heard a weird noise, but chose to ignore it....I will later find out what this noise was.  When Jayna tells me she needs to go potty, I open the door to find her topless.  She has never taken off a shirt by herself before so this caught me off guard.

Jayna gets out of her bedroom and heads to the bathroom.  I went back to the living room, because she can do this on her own.  She later comes out with an item that I'm sure I put up on a shelf above the toilet and she can't reach that high.  I decide to investigate and I find her stool next to the toilet and the lid is down.  Clearly she has climbed onto the toilet to get what she wanted.  I ask her if she went pee, she says "yes toilet".  I then notice that she did use the real toilet and not the little potty.  By this, I mean there is pee on the floor, on the toilet seat, and her stool.  Another clean up job.

Jayna comes out to play and starts moving furniture round in my living room.  I didn't even ask her to stop because I am really not int he mood to deal with it at this point.  It'll take me two seconds to put it back once she gets bored of this activity.

Derrick gets home from work and I'm about to take Jayna to the park for a bit.  I go into her room to get socks for her and I now discover what that weird noise was earlier during her "quiet time" in her bedroom.  Jayna used another stool to reach on top of her dresser and dump the entire container of fish food into the fish tank, on her dresser and the floor.  I notice the fish floating at the top of the tank, but thank goodness he moved once I banged the tank.  I don't particularly like cleaning the tank to begin with and this is a huge mess, which I don't need.  I was not very nice and needless to say, Jayna didn't get to go to the park.

On a happy note.  I went out and finished planting my flowers, (which I'm sure died last night due to frost, I'm so annoyed) and Jayna came out and "helped" me.  It was nice to have a positive moment with her to end the day.

Another cute moment yesterday.  Jayna helped herself to Derrick's hockey gear.

Thanks to Supper Central, we had a yummy, but easy dinner!
The best thing of all was that all the kids were in bed by 7:15 and then Derrick and I poured some wine and ate dinner.  Then we actually talked.  It was like a date, but we didn't leave the house or need a babysitter.  It was very nice.  I think we'll be doing that a lot more often.
end day with all kids in bed by 7 and dinner date with my hubby, no kids while we eat dinner and drink wine and we didn't even need a babysitter!

I do look forward to the babies sleeping better at night so that I have a lot more patience during the day.  I'm not the most patient person to begin with, so this does not help.  Mara and Davin are settling into a better sleep pattern, but we still have a bit of a ways to go.  Here's to hoping this changes soon.  Everyone in our house will be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment