Friday 25 May 2012

I'm surprised people still visit

After a visit like today, which was quite normal actually, I'm surprised I still have friends who want to visit with my children and I.

Today my friend came over with her little baby and Jayna didn't nap, which isn't the end of the world, but it usually means that there will be a moment when she has a crazy melt down.  Thank goodness today's meltdown wasn't actually all that bad.  She was being a little annoying so I put a movie on for her downstairs.  Of course she only stayed down there for about 10 minutes, only to return upstairs to be even more annoying.  This finished with her winding up to hit her brother, which I was close enough to stop and then carry her to her room.  I returned to the living room with my friend and we chatted over top of the screams and Jayna banging on the door.  After she calmed down, she played in the room a bit and then returned and was fine.

A little while later, the twins started wailing at the same time and my friend was holding her sleeping baby and laughing.  I don't blame her and if I was in her shoes, I probably would have run out of the house.  I decided it was time to feed the babies and Davin was so tired that he was fussing the whole time, meanwhile Jayna was being way too quiet in the bathroom.  She had already come out once and asked me to unbutton her pants and returned once she was finished to pull her pants up.  Jayna finally came out of the bathroom with a bunch of lotion on her hands and wanted me to rub it in for her.  Apparently I don't look busy enough while I'm feeding two babies and one is still crying.

Despite not wanting to, I helped Jayna, only to have her return to the bathroom.  Sometimes I choose to ignore the fact that she's too quiet because it's easier in the moment when I'm busy, although I sit there and wonder about what I'm going to have to deal with later.  Without me saying anything, my friend got up and caught Jayna playing with the lotion again and now she had an even bigger blob of it on her hands.  Needless to say, I've now put the lotion up too high for her to reach (as well as the scissors, but that's another story).

As I write this, Jayna is playing quietly downstairs, but I'll wait for Derrick to come home to discover what she's been up to!

When people come to our place or we go visit, I think they realize just how chaotic our world is, but I'm happy that they can laugh it off and like us enough that we are welcomed back.  I'm sure this will change once the twins are running around!

This is unrelated, but this video makes me laugh.  We really didn't spend any time teaching Jayna this, but here is a video of her karate moves

No comments:

Post a Comment