Saturday 7 April 2012

Update

It's been almost a month since I have written anything.  I guess I haven't felt the need to post something in a while since things are seeming to get easier in a lot of ways (although it's still crazy).  Things have been really busy around here, yet I feel like we've accomplished nothing.  The weather has been nice and we've been taking advantage of that.  I feel as though the nice weather has made life a lot easier and it makes me a lot happier.  It's always nice to get outside and watch Jayna play or to go for a run by myself.

We are also always trying to organize our house.  It's a battle that I don't think will ever end, but we are slowly making improvements.  The latest task is organizing our bedroom so that my mom can stay here for a week while we go to Vegas!!!!  We weren't planning on this trip, but there was a really good deal and my mom asked why we weren't going.  I said that we have three little ones to pawn off on people and I didn't think that was going to happen.  My mom then said something that I'm sure she wishes she could take back now.  She said that her and dad could stay here to watch the kids.  I didn't think much of it at the time, but when I got off the phone, I looked at the deals and then asked Derrick if he could get a week off.  Everything fell into place and we are leaving on the 23rd.

I really look forward to enjoying some time as a couple with no children.  It is definitely needed and will be appreciated.  I also look forward to the funniest things.  I was telling Derrick that I was excited to be able to shower when I wanted, for however long I wanted and to take as long as I want to get ready.  There are many days when I have the best of intentions to blow dry my hair and put on makeup, but the kids somehow just get in the way of that.  I will also enjoy going to the bathroom without having a child bang on the door or hearing a baby cry in the background.  It will be nice to put ourselves first for a few days.  I will definitely miss my children, but I will not look forward to coming back to the grind.

On a totally different note, the babies are doing really well and are starting to show their personalities.  Mara was always really serious, but in the last week (now that she's over her bronchiolitis) has become the happiest little girl with a smile on her face all the time.  I think she's working on a tooth right now, so that causes her to wake up a bit more in the night, but we will get through it.  Both of the twins are so close to rolling over.  I can't believe they're already at that stage.  Davin has gotten a lot stronger over the last couple of weeks and is a big boy.  He weighs just over 17 pounds and Mara is at about the 16 pound mark.  Davin is already in 6-12 month clothing and he just turned 4 months and Mara is getting her clothing switched out today and replaced with 6-12 month clothing.

We have also had another big change in our house.  As I like to say, Jayna is now pee trained.  We are working on mastering pooping on the potty, but we are getting there.  We hadn't planned on potty training her, but it just kind of happened.  We are really lucky.  She has also not worn a diaper to bed the last two nights and she has been dry in the morning!  Jayna is talking so much and is making us laugh on a regular basis.  She is a very happy girl who loves her brother and sister and is very mature for her age.  She is definitely a big helper for me as well.  We will have a lot of fun with her this summer going to parks and pools and the beach.  I must say that I am really enjoying this age (when she's not acting like a brat and reminding me of myself as a child).

Well, that's it for now, but I will be sure to post something more frequently.  I hope all is well with everyone and that you've all been enjoying this beautiful spring we have had.

No comments:

Post a Comment