Friday 20 April 2012

Where does the time go?

I have been asking myself (and Jayna) this question lately....How did she get so big?  Not only is she quite tall for her age, but I've been wondering when she became a big girl and how did it happen so fast?  She is now potty trained and drinks from a big girl cup without spilling.  This last one seems like no big deal, but it's just one more thing in a series of events that means my little girl isn't so little anymore.

I said this at my parents' house one day and my mom glared at me and said, "How do you think we feel?"  I guess they must think the same thing seeing their grandchildren growing up and remembering when my brother and I were at those stages.

Derrick and I are really enjoying the stage that Jayna's at right now.  She is a very fun girl and she's learning so much so quickly.  It's also nice to be able to take her places and do things with her that she enjoys and remembers.  For example, whenever we pull up to either grandparents' house, she goes bananas because she's so excited.  She also get fired up when you mention the zoo or bath.  I now feel like one of those crazy parents since I've started spelling out the words so as to avoid disappointment.

As for the twins....they are huge.  Davin is 17 and a half pounds and Mara is almost 15 and a half pounds.  They are both almost 27 inches long and are wearing 12 month clothing.  Davin has even grown out of some 12 month clothing and they have yet to turn 5 months.  I think this is definitely a sign of things to come.  Jayna never grew out of her clothing this fast.  The twins have become much more social and they love watching what's going on.  They like the exersaucer, the Bumbo, and they spend a ton of time on their playmats.  I love when you just look at them across the room and they smile at you.  I'm watching Mara in the Bumbo right now and she is working on grabbing toys.

I was looking at pictures the other day and I can't believe how small they were.  I find this really sad as we will not be having any more children.  As happy as I am to get clothing and toys out of my house once the kids are done with them, it makes me sad as well.

My suggestion to parents with children of any age; it's not too late to start taking pictures.  You'd be amazed at how much you forget.  I love looking back at them and having it jog my memory.  It also makes me teary eyed.  Without those pictures, I wouldn't have noticed how much Mara resembles Jayna at her age.  Mara reminds me a lot of Jayna.  She loves seeing what's going on, fighting sleep, and eating blankets, all things Jayna did when she was little.

As fun as Jayna is right now, the twins are at the fun stage where every day they are doing something different.  It's always exciting to watch the world change for them as they become more independent.

Here is a picture of all three of them on December 11th (the twins were 6 days old and Jayna 21 months) and then more recent pictures of the twins.



I try to not dwell on the fact that all three kids are getting so big and growing up so fast, but it's hard not to.  In the meantime, I will try to enjoy every moment and document as much of it as possible.

1 comment:

  1. I think you have try and repeat the group photo. Just to see how they have all changed. ;)

    ReplyDelete