Saturday 10 March 2012

Oh to be a Dad!

I wonder what it's like to be a dad?  I'm sure most fathers don't actually wonder what it's like to be a mom.  I wonder why this is?

Is it because they get to escape the house 5 days a week to go to work and get a break from the kids?  I'm sure it's not easy to work all day and then come home and deal with the craziness.  Oh wait, us moms do that once we have gone back to work and it is hard, but at least we had a break.  At least that's how I look at it.

Maybe it's because they realize how many loads of laundry are done, how many times we do dishes in a day (not including all the dishes that make it into the dishwasher), all the tantrums and crying fits we deal with, the fact that we don't get uninterrupted bathroom breaks, and after all this and much much more, we still manage to go grocery shopping with the kids and make dinner at the end of the day.  This doesn't even begin to include all the poopy diapers we change in a day.

I wouldn't wonder what it was like to be the extra parent if I wasn't sleep deprived either.  The old school concept that the man is the head of the house hold could not be more untrue.  He just used to bring home the bacon, now the women can do that as well, still run a house and manage all the kids.  Maybe we were the crazy ones for thinking we could have it all and not break down at times.

I know the main reason Dads don't wonder what it's like to be a Mom.....they get to go to work all day and not deal with that stuff, meanwhile, the child is crying for daddy to get home and is always happy to see them.

If I felt the love like that all the time, I don't think I would ever wonder what it's like to be Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment