Wednesday 29 February 2012

Mother of the year.....not

I had a rough day today.  Things have been busy and I was looking forward to getting a few things done around the house, like catching up on laundry and all that fun stuff.  Well the day started with Jayna not feeling well, but we sent her to daycare anyway.  Jayna ended up coming home at noon because she had a fever and was lethargic.  By this point I had already had it with the babies.  If one of them wasn't fussing, they both were.  I just wanted to read the paper and drink my coffee in silence this morning, but that clearly didn't happen.  

Needless to say, even if I was dealing with a baby, I had a two year old glued to me and wanting to cuddle.  Usually she's pretty independent, so this was totally out of the norm for her.  As much as I like the cuddles, I was annoyed.  Thank goodness my aunt came over and helped out.  I don't know how I would have made it through the day without her being here this afternoon.  

Anyway, the moment that won me the mother of the year award is when the babies were still fussing in the evening,  I went on a rant that involved a few swears and I proceeded to say that I hate being a mother to three little ones.  I obviously felt like crap right after I said that, but I did feel that in a certain way at that moment.  The fact that I usually don't actually get to the washroom throughout the day and often end up missing lunch are just the tip of the iceberg to the frustration I was feeling at that moment.  

After they were in bed, I thought to myself, I'm the worst mother ever.  I realized at this moment, that most moms have probably felt that way at one moment or another, but they just didn't voice it (I don't blame them).  We as mothers need to stop being so hard on ourselves.  We are humans too.

Despite saying what I did, I love my children all very much and look forward to seeing them when they wake in the morning (and I guess in the middle of the night).  I know that we are very fortunate to have three healthy children and I am very thankful for that every day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment