Monday 6 February 2012

We've made it so far!!!!

I know that everyone says that you'll think back to the newborn stage and wonder how did we do it?  I definitely remember wondering if we'd survive that stage when Jayna was a newborn and she is about to turn 2 in less than a month.  Although we thought that was a big challenge, I didn't think we'd look back on two months with the twins (and a toddler) so quickly.  

Davin and Mara are nine weeks old today and I can't believe that much time has passed already.  There are definitely still moments (like this morning) when I don't think we'll make it through, but somehow we always do.  We are fortunate that, for the most part, the twins are pretty good babies.  Of course, some days and moments are worse than others.  

I know we still have a long way to go, but as we went to bed last night, I said to Derrick, "We've survived two months!!".  We are both extremely exhausted and busy trying to keep up with all the kids, housework, and just regular life, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Somehow it always seems like it was a lot easier when it's in the past.  We are starting to settle into some kind of a routine.  The babies now go to bed between 730 and 830 which leaves us some adult time, but they sleep sporadically during the day.  I, personally, would prefer to have a set night routine and a better night time sleeper than a napper.  The twins will eventually settle into their own daytime routine, but at least we know what's going on at night.  

On another note, here's a moment that reminds me of the beauty of being a parent.  Jayna was at daycare today and when she came home, she started talking to Davin.  He then gave her a big smile!!!  Jayna also proceeded to give Davin and Mara each a big hug and kiss (gently of course).  She had the biggest smile on her face as well.  I think she genuinely loves them and I really do think they miss each other when she's at daycare.  Is it a coincidence that the twins have had rough days the last two times she was at daycare?

We always talk about winning the lottery and although our bank accounts don't show it, I think we have come as close as we will ever get.  We have three healthy children who have all been pretty cooperative to date!  It doesn't get much better than that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment