Tuesday 4 September 2012

Work

Today is the first day back to work for my fellow teachers.  I've had some weird emotions throughout the last week.  Last week, I felt like I should have gone into work a couple of times.  I woke up this morning and felt as though I was late for work (the worst feeling).  I remember feeling the same way when I was off with Jayna, but now I find it's even more weird.  I feel extreme guilt because I know I'm not going to be off ever again, since we are not having any more children.

I poured my cup of coffee into a mug that says "teacher have more class" on purpose today.  I think it was my way of reminding me that I'm still a teacher and it's not that long before I return.  I definitely don't want to wish the last two months away, but I am really looking forward to life moving to a new kind of crazy.  I was complaining about wanting to back to work the other day and Derrick told me that if I thought life was crazy now, it's only going to get worse.  I know that and I worry about how everything's going to get done, although I know it will (I'm also hoping to be able to hire the cleaners back so it's one less thing to do).  The main reason I look forward to returning to work is so that I can feel normal again.  When I go to work, it's about me and I don't have to worry about my family's needs for a little while.  I really look forward to laughing every day with my colleagues.  My kids make me smile, but they don't make me laugh like my PE department does.  I also really miss the students and the excitement of the building!

Aside from my disappointment of not returning to work, we had a great long weekend.  We hung out with family and friends, went to the park twice, the zoo, and Jayna got to go bowling for the first time.  She loved it and as we were walking out the doors, she said, "I come back here again one day!"  We went with Derrick's family including some aunts and we played pass the babies while we took turns bowling.  Since Jayna liked it so much, we will take her all by herself one day.

Jayna and I were leaving the house on Saturday and it stunk outside.  My comment was "oh it stinks".  Jayna responded with, "yeah Mommy, bunnies poop outside".  So random and cute!

Mara and Davin have been a joy to watch over the last few days.  They tend to play in the same areas and Davin has really sped up in the crawling department.  They are pretty much done with formula, we only give them formula in the their bottles at bed time since we may as well use what we have left.  They don't even get bottles during the day, their milk goes in sippy cups.  These kids also eat pretty much anything, which is a little more convenient!  I'm also happy to say that they are still messy eaters, but the mess has decreased significantly.  They are also crazy in the bath together and are quite chatty throughout the day.  It's a lot of fun to see their connection and their big smiles when they see the other one.  The same goes for Jayna who will greet them in their cribs in the morning and they get crazy excited.  

I will continue to enjoy the next two months, all the while looking forward to returning to work and living our new kind of crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment