Monday 10 September 2012

Burned Out

I don't quite know what to say, but I realized yesterday that I'm feeling extremely burned out.  Not about everything, just about parenting.

Yes, the kids have gotten easier, but right now, I feel like all I do is think about what comes next.  I have to make sure there is food in the house for three meals (and those meals have to be suitable for five people, two of which can eat most things, but not everything), plus snacks, I am also the one who has to make sure there are diapers, wipes, clean clothes and all that fun stuff.  And somehow, I'm the one that's always having to plan when I'm going to fit shopping for it all into my schedule.  It sounds like it would make sense since I'm home all day, but running around with two kids isn't exactly ideal all the time.

Friday, I got a call from Jayna's daycare.  They couldn't find a main course in her lunch.  We had packed yogurt, a banana, and a granola bar.  I know it wasn't a lunch that would help me get nominated for Mother of the Year, but come on, it's not that bad is it?  I'll be honest that that phone call made me feel like a terrible parent and I felt like I was extremely judged.  When I picked Jayna up, one of the daycare workers (the only one that irks Derrick and I) said that they called because Jayna always has a main course and she was looking everywhere for it.  That made me feel a little better, but not really.  I'm pretty sure everyone has had a day when they go to make their kids lunch and realize that they need to hit the store.  

I haven't even factored in all of the stuff that has to get done around the house, while there are two or three kids home.

I don't feel like going on a huge rant, because life isn't all that terrible, but I had to share my burned out feeling, as I'm sure most parents have felt this at one point or another.  In the back of my mind I know it's a phase and it will pass, but right now it sucks.

On a happy note, Davin and Mara don't stop moving all day, even when you change them.  Davin pulled himself up for the first time Saturday and hasn't stopped since.  Now I think it's just a matter of time before the two of them walk......oh my.

No comments:

Post a Comment