Friday 21 September 2012

Still in disbelief

There are many times when I look at my two little ones and think.....really two?  I still can't believe we have twins.  They are changing so much and learning new things every day.

Mara and Davin are crawling everywhere, pulling themselves up constantly and Davin really wants to walk, but he's just not quite there.  Yesterday he did stand by himself for a few seconds and went back to holding onto a bin, didn't even fall down.  Mara likes to climb.  She has managed to do a few stairs and she lifts her leg like she's going to climb the couch, but it's still too high for her, thank goodness.  They are both starting to take steps along the couch, or while pushing one of the chairs.

I just can't believe how quickly this happened.  They are definitely busy and keeping us on our toes.

Today as I write, it's a great morning.  I've been able to get some work done and the twins have been playing very nicely.  The most heart melting thing is watching them interact and play together.  When Davin sees his sister in the morning, he just lights up (it's mutual).  The same goes for them and Jayna.  She can't wait to run into their room in the morning and entertain them (or "make them happy" because they're usually crying at that point).

I love watching them play with a toy.  If you watch, it looks as though they've learned to take turns, which means one will steal it and play for a bit, while the other watches and eventually steals it back.  Pretty good system for only 9 months old!

I'm also loving seeing their personalities come out.  Davin is the sweet charmer and when he gets fussy, music will make him happy.  He is the quiet chatty one and he is very much his father in terms of personality.  If we are out and about, he sits and takes it all in and looks very serious.  Mara is just like her mother.  She is more outgoing, more likely to give you a smile and a lot louder.  She tends to be happier, but she angers very quickly.  She is also our trouble maker.  I'm sure Mara and I will butt heads regularly for years to come.

The last week and a half have been a bit frustrating for me since Derrick threw his back out last week.  I've been left to take on even more than usual.  He's getting better and I can't wait till we're back to normal.  I've also started running a few times a week in the mornings.  I hate getting up at 5:45, but I feel great after.  It's been about a month and I've noticed a difference already.  I've taken advantage of the kids sleeping better and creating a habit before I go back to work.  Once I'm back at work, it'll be much easier to fit my workouts in. I don't have much of an excuse when the gym is 5 steps outside my office.  For now, while it's still decent in the mornings, the peace and quiet are enjoyed!

I'm looking forward to a good weekend and I will definitely have pictures to post after the Corn Maze on Sunday.  I'm sure that will be a gong show and a blast all at once, which is pretty much how our life is nowadays.  Derrick and I often have the conversation about trying to figure out when exactly our house became a gong show.  Was it right when the twins were born?  In the end it doesn't matter, but it makes us laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment