Thursday 4 October 2012

Funny kids

I have kept Jayna home the last two days because we had playdates with friends.  I don't do this all the time, and there is usually a point in the day where I really regret having kept her home (granted, there are also times throughout the day when I'm really glad I kept her home).  Yesterday we went to Earl Grey Community Centre and the kids all had a blast.  It was really fun watching Jayna amuse herself and she absolutely loved the bouncer.  I also realized how weird my kid is because I mentioned that we were going to go grocery shopping later.  She proceeded to beg me to go shopping now.  How many kids really love grocery shopping?  I love that I can make her happy while accomplishing a task!

Anyway, while we were shopping, Jayna didn't want to walk.  I didn't fight about it since she is a really good walker (we can take her to the zoo and she will walk for 3 hours).  I had the twins in the upper cart and then Jayna was in the lower part.  The twins started getting fussy because they were tired and then Jayna was yelling "Swiper no swiping" really loudly while staring at a can of Dora Alphaghetti.  After she was done, she started with Twinkle Twinkle, over and over.  Needless to say, I walked through Superstore with a smile on my face laughing at the fact that this was by far the worst shopping experience I have had with my children and it wasn't even really bad.  Jayna also wanted to help scan everything and that didn't go over well, but a crisis was averted.  This trip made me realize how great our kids are and how lucky we are.

Today we had a playdate with a friend and her two boys (who are the same ages as our kids).  The kids all played so nicely and we never once had to break up a fight during their 3 hour visit.  My friend and I were both amazed at how well our kids played together.  Once they left all three of my kids slept for two hours, which never happens.  Her kids also slept at the same time, so we will be doing this again!

While I was cutting potatoes for dinner, Jayna was playing with the toy cell phone that she found.  She informed me that she was going to her Uncle's house and I told her she wasn't.  She responded with, "I pretending Mommy" for the first time.  Her next conversation was with her daddy and wishing him a happy birthday and asking what he would like.  She asked him if he wanted shoes.  This is especially funny to us since she keeps telling us she wants shoes from Santa.  Santa is on the lookout for some awesome runners.

I looked at Jayna earlier today and still couldn't believe that Derrick and I created her.  She's such a cute, fun, loving child and I can't wait to see all three of our kids grow up.  Mara and Davin's personalities are really coming out.  We have also discovered that they definitely know when the other one is hurt or in distress.  I know there are going to be MANY bumps along the way, but I also know there will be MANY great times.

Also, I guess this entry will put me over the 2500 views mark, which is crazy to me.  I never thought I would have that many people take an interest in my blog.  Thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment