Wednesday 15 August 2012

On The Move

No, I'm not talking about the daycare (for those of you I met through working there, you'll get it).

Mara is officially crawling and Davin is super close.  He is moving around, but gets his chubby foot stuck underneath him.  I feel bad because he works so hard to try to crawl, but it's just not working out for him yet.  We have also brought the baby gate back into action to close off the rest of the rest of the house from the living room/dining room.  It wasn't so bad when Jayna was a baby because we didn't have a toddler who wanted to roam the house freely.  She will adjust eventually.

There's a little music toy the kids play with and they have started dancing to music.  Davin sits like a chubby old man and kind of bounces up and down and Mara sits there and waves her hands in the air.  It makes me smile every time.

The twins are also eating up a storm.  I'm nervous about the daycare bills that will start in a few months, but what I'm more nervous about is once the daycare bills stop, is that the three kids will eat us out of house and home.  The whole eating more food and feeding themselves just means a bigger mess as well.  Jayna took it upon herself to share her hard boiled egg with Mara the other day (after she saw me feeding them one).  Needless to say there was a bunch of cleanup after that.

I weighed the twins yesterday and Mara weighs 20 lbs 12 oz and Davin was 23 lbs 2 oz.  Such little chubbers.  Mara is definitely rockin the 18 month clothing and Davin can wear some 24 month clothing even.  Soon they'll be wearing the same size as Jayna and she's no shorty.  We have discovered that we will be putting size 4 jeans on her Christmas list since we've had a couple pairs on her recently and the 3s are not very big.

People would probably be looking at us funny if we had tiny children, with Derrick being 6'4" and myself 6'2".

Mara and Davin are interacting with each other more and more.  At my parents' on Sunday, they were squealing back and forth to each other.  Yesterday morning, it was fart noises.  Even though it's a lot more difficult with two babies, but it's also a lot more fun!

Here's an annoying twin comment I've heard a lot lately.  "Oh, their eyes are different colours."  I just nod and say yes (Mara's are hazel and Davin's are very blue, like Jayna's), but what I want to say is.....they have different genitals, of course they can have different eye colours.

We got pictures done last week, so I'm hoping to have some great pics posted soon.  I thought that it could be a total disaster with three little ones, but it actually went pretty smoothly.

I'm off to get some work done on this rainy day.  

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blogs and comparing your twins development with my own little guy, and respectively our toddler girls. It is nice to still be in contact with their "upbringing" from such a long distance. Thanks for posting these tales. I know that Davin and Conall would have a blast with one another, being almost the same weight, and Conall would love to "race" with Mara.

    ReplyDelete