Thursday 2 August 2012

New phase

We have entered the new phase of moving.  The twins are by no means crawling, but they get to whatever toy they want or whatever item they shouldn't be playing with.  I have been dreading this moment for a while now.  People would always ask if they were crawling, and I would respond that I'm okay if they are late movers.  The longer they stay still, the easier it is for us!!!!

I love watching them discover things and interact with each other.  There is something new every day and it always makes me smile.  On the other hand, it means that I have to be on my toes as to what is on the floor and what they can get at.  We haven't worried about little pieces of food on the floor for a long time now, but now I have to be more diligent with the whole housekeeping thing (which is something that I feel I'm drowning in).  The twins feed themselves some foods, which means there is a huge mess that needs to be swept up regularly.  We also need to make sure that Jayna isn't leaving money (she's really into having change on her) on the floor.  We have been spending more time downstairs, so that we can watch the Olympics, which means the carpet needs to be vacuumed as well.

This morning, I thought Davin was about to puke, but realized he had something in his mouth.  Upon taking the item out, I noticed it was a little cardboard tag from one of Jayna's toys.  He hadn't been playing with it for a while, so that had been in there a while.  Oops!

The twins had a bath together for the first time ever last week and it was a huge success.  Moments like that make all the difficulties worth it.

We are looking forward to a busy, but fantastic long weekend spending time with family and friends outside!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment