Tuesday 28 August 2012

A new kind of crazy

I remember the craziness of having a 21 month old as well as brand new twins like it was yesterday.  People keep saying to me that I must have my hands full and be busy.  I would say that we have settled in as opposed to having settled down.  Things are still crazy and I'm sure they always will be, just in a different way.

Davin started crawling over the weekend so that means that all three children are officially on the move.  Mara is trying really hard to pull herself up on the couch and I'm sure she'll succeed soon.  This also means that we need to be lowering their cribs :(

I had Davin at a pre-op appointment last week and he's just under 24 pounds.  As you can well imagine, they are eating everything we put in front of them: Cheerios, Gold Fish crackers, chicken, pork chops, pork tenderloin, fruit, veggies, yogurt.....I think you get the idea.  I find that this stage is fun, but also a disaster.  The twins have been feeding themselves for about a month now and have mastered making a mess.  At first, Mara was a complete disaster, but it seems like now she's mastered the index finger and thumb pinching.  Davin tends to make a bigger mess now.  I am constantly sweeping the floor and washing it, although I'm still not doing it nearly as often as I should.  This morning I took them right from their booster seats to the stroller and went for a long walk.  This means that I didn't sweep the floor so when we came home two hours later, Davin and Mara went to town on the muffin and Cheerios they had managed to drop on the floor.  It's almost like we have a dog!  I know that the mess is a means to an end and they have to practice feeding themselves.  I know it will get better over time, but for now it drives me crazy.

Jayna is as crazy as ever.  She's so independent, which is great, but at the same time, she doesn't stop!!!!

I'll post some pictures and/or video soon (if I can get the video to download).  I hear my turkeys talking to each other in their room (a benefit of twins) and we have to pick up their big sis, who is always excited to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment