Tuesday 15 October 2013

Ever Changing

Just when we think things are settling in, things change again.  The kids are growing and in many ways things are becoming easier.  At the same time, they are becoming crazier.

Mara and Davin are talking a lot more (Davin is still saying a lot more than Mara).  This seems like a great thing, but there are also a lot of frustrations that come along with it.  The times when they are frustrated by not being able to share what they think they should be able to share are a challenge.  Jayna is very helpful, but at the same time, too much of a mother and sometimes tries to do too much.

We did the room swap in June and the girls have been sharing a room since then.  Bedtime recently became a disaster when Mara decided it would be super to sleep with her sister.  Jayna was not a fan of this and would throw a fit about it every night.  After finally leaving her to sort it out, I believe they are regularly sleeping in the same bed, yet Jayna won't let us put them to bed in the same bed.  I think it's sweet that they sleep together and that we can hear them giggling together before falling asleep.

Mara is also a lot like Jayna was at that age, very motherly and sweet, with a touch of spunk.  Davin is a boy through and through.  He is obsessed with cars and trucks (but only says the word car, which is really annoying).

I've seen a lot of me in my daughters lately and I think it spells disaster for the future.  One of me is difficult to live with.....imagine three (and I don't have much of a desire to live with two of myself).  There are also many moments when I say to myself, "this is my karma".  These are the moments when one, or both, of the girls is being loud, bossy, or a brat.  There are many times when I cringe that that would have been me as a chid (rather embarrassing).

I have included a couple of pictures from a photo shoot we had done a few weeks ago.  Based on how they act and look, I'd venture to say that my babies are no longer babies :(



No comments:

Post a Comment