Monday 19 August 2013

A weekend of being a single mom

I actually wrote this on April 5th and was going to make changes, but didn't.  Here is the post.....a few months late.

Yet again, it's been a long time since I've posted anything.  Life has been crazy with coaching and working.  Basketball has been done for a few weeks now, so it's been nice to have more time with the family.  The thing I'm missing right now is spring!!!!!!

I keep saying that everyone in our house will be a lot happier once we can actually go outside.  I long for the days when we can feed the kids and then go for a walk or take a picnic to the park and have them play.  It's easy, yet good parenting and makes us all a whole lot more pleasant. 

Derrick is away this weekend in Calgary for his best friend's stag.  I'm definitely jealous of him being able to get away for the weekend and live the bachelor life (3 times in six months actually, must be nice!).  It's a good thing he has a great wife.

I'm planning on taking the kids to the zoo tomorrow.  I'm reallly hoping that the weather cooperates, otherwise I feel as though my house will be the zoo.  We will visit my parents tomorrow and take a friend up on their offer for dinner as well.  Sunday we will hang out with Derrick's family and then head home to get ready for the week.

The little ones will definitely be excited to see Derrick on Monday morning.  I will be excited to see him Sunday evening. 

On the topic of the kids, we have entered a new stage of crazy.  All three are running all over the house, stealing toys (sometimes sharing, which is cute), hitting each other, as well as wrestling (usually Davin and Jayna actually).  The girls have had some fun playing in the puddles.  Davin will not walk in shoes or boots.  We have tried shoes on in the house and he loses his mind.  This usually results in Mara wanting to wear them and then she runs around the house looking so proud.  On Easter weekend, Davin stayed planted in one spot for half an hour as Mara and Jayna played up and down the street.  We didn't realize until this moment that he was that stubborn. 

I'm hoping that I can now be more consistent in updating the blog as I do enjoy it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment