Wednesday 5 December 2012

We survived the first year!!!!

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've felt very overwhelmed with emotions today as I remember being thrust into the world of parenting multiples a year ago today.  I started by feeling guilty because Mara and Davin were still sleeping because I had to get to practice for 7.  While driving to work, I felt sad because my babies are no longer  babies (Davin walked as much as he crawled at daycare today!).  I also didn't want to put them to bed tonight because it would be the end of their first birthday and we will never experience that with our children again.



I vividly remember the moment they handed me Mara and Davin and I looked down at them and wondered, "what the hell am I supposed to do with two of them?"  There were many smiles, laughs, as well as moments of me snapping along the way, but overall, it has been a great year.





Is it weird that I think of the last year as the hardest thing I've ever done, but also when I look back, I think, "ah, it wasn't that bad"?

We could never have survived this year with our marriage intact and healthy without our amazing friends and family.  Thanks to everyone.

The overwhelming feeling for  me is the emotions I feel about Derrick and I.  From the moment we found out we were having twins, I knew we'd be fine, but I didn't think we would actually be better now than we were a year ago.  We have definitely had our moments, but we always worked it out.  I couldn't do it without a super supportive husband who is also an amazing father.  Thanks honey!

I've seen some slide shows and videos that people have made of their child's first year.  I thought about doing that, and then laughed, because I don't have the time to do that right now.  I'm sure I could pull it together, but it wouldn't be as nice as I'd like to it be and that would bother me even more.

Instead, here are a few pictures from throughout the year.











No comments:

Post a Comment