Friday 15 June 2012

Getting easier!

I have been saying now for the last week that things have been getting easier.

The twins have settled into more of a routine.  They eat at 8, 12, 4 and then 630, before bed.  They don't nap at exactly the same time every day, but I have a general idea of when they go down and I know what signs to watch for.

We have been quite frustrated with the twins' sleeping habits for the last few months.  I wasn't sure how much longer I could handle being up 4-10 times a night sticking soothers in and doing one feeding.  I'm happy to say that they are by no means perfect, but we took away the "dream feed" bottle, and they now sleep till about 1:30, get fed and then sleep till between 7 & 8.  They still fuss a couple of times a night some nights, but I think that may be due to teeth trying to make their way through.  I feel like a totally different person now that they are sleeping better.  I think that that's why this week has seemed so easy as well.  It's amazing what sleep can do for a person!

Davin and Mara are getting to be so much fun now.  They are happy babies and love watching what's going on.  We are now hitting a more challenging stage with Jayna as she thinks every toy in the house belongs to her.  I'm thinking that if this keeps up, I'm just going to take all the toys and put them in the twin's room and then Jayna can have no toys she can't share.  Jayna also loves playing with her brother and sister and she gets really close to them and they get excited, which means they kick their feet and pull her hair and she loses her mind.  "No Mara!!!  No Davin!!!"  are regularly yelled in our house now.

On another note of craziness.  I had someone over to talk about business this morning and while she was here, Jayna managed to miss the toilet somehow and pee all over the bathroom floor.  Later, she went to the bathroom in the big toilet.  She needs to use the stool to get up to the toilet.  Somehow, she managed to get some poop on the stool.  Of course, things tend to be a lot more normal when there isn't actually anyone here!

I took all three kids swimming this morning.  This was Mara and Davin's first time at the pool and they were awesome.  Thanks to a couple of friends for their help!!  I wouldn't have been able to do it otherwise.  Here's a picture of them after their swim.




Davin was tuckered out and fell asleep drinking his lunch time bottle in his high chair.  I went downstairs to do something quickly and came up to see him like this:




Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we will have a great weekend outside.



1 comment:

  1. I smiled when I heard that Jayna has to fend for herself from the hair grabbers. We have the same situation in this house. It is Conall's way of saying "I love you ouch". Now that he is becoming more mobile, Ellorie is learning that all the toys in the house are Mama's and only the items in her own room are hers. I can't imagine how chaotic the swim time was - I find it to be such a struggle with the two when I'm solo.

    ReplyDelete