Tuesday 5 June 2012

6 months already....really??

The saying, "the days are long, but the years are short" is never more true until you have children.  There are many days when I am just struggling to get through the day so that I can say I've survived another one.  Meanwhile, Derrick and I can now say we've survived six months!!!!!

I remember when Jayna hit the six month mark.  In the past, I had never noticed how quickly six months goes by.  You never really take note of a half year mark unless you have a child, or you're in junior high and you've managed to keep a girlfriend or boyfriend that long (in which case, it seems like 6 months has been an eternity).

It was six months ago yesterday when we got the call that would change our lives and make it more chaotic than we could ever imagine.  I had barely gotten off the phone with the nurse who was telling me to come in to get induced, and Derrick was already in the van and ready to leave without me.  I was taking my time because I knew that this was the end of our lives as we knew it.  I also had no idea what labour had in store for me and I was terrified about having an epidural and needing a C-section.  In the end, I can't complain about the labour and I didn't have a C-section!

Happy half year birthday my little man!
Happy half year birthday Mara Bean!
                                       


And of course, at 4:19 am on Monday December 5th, 2011, Mara Jade made her appearance in the world.  Davin Frederick just couldn't wait and he snuck in at 4:23 am.  We were very fortunate that they were both perfectly healthy and never had to go to the NICU.  At six months now, Mara is 28.25 inches long and 18 lbs 12 oz and Davin is 29 inches long and 20 lbs 11 oz.  They are working on learning new things every day.  Both babies are close to sitting up on their own, they both roll back to front (Davin more than Mara) and Mara popped her first tooth last Monday! They are both working on learning to grab food and actually get it to their mouth, as well as practicing drinking from sippy cups.  

Life is still crazy and I'm sure it always will be, just in an ever changing way.  I wouldn't change it for the world.  It is a bit easier now that the babies have a regular eating schedule and a somewhat regular nap schedule as well.

I love my babies and I'm enjoying watching them grow and seeing them develop their personalities, which are quite different.  I can only imagine how interesting the next six months will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment